York Place has a longstanding history, beginning in the 19th century. The Kings Mountain Military School was built on the York Place site in 1857, but was discontinued in 1886. The site was later reoccupied in 1909 when the Church Home Orphanage, later known as the Episcopal Church Home for Children, moved from Charleston to York, making York Place the first church-supported Home for Children in the state of South Carolina. Though York Place is no longer operational as a children’s home, we wish to pay homage to its history by constructing an intergenerational community on the York Place site. This means we will build a high quality retirement community while also providing children’s programming. Further details will be available as we move through this website.